Monday, July 4, 2011

Happy 235th Birthday, America!



Today is our Nation's 235th birthday.  Today we celebrate our independence and I reflect on the many sacrifices of my relatives and ancestors, to whom I share appreciation for their sacrifices so I can sit here today and express myself, so I can vote, so I can work in a safe environment for a fair wage...  

I also reflect on many happy memories shared with my family celebrating this day.  Family BBQ's with roast beast and strawberry shortcake and ice cream; skin warm and red from a day on the river in the sun as watermelon juice drips down my chin...then waiting for the dark to watch the sky light up with a cacophony of colors and the ground shake with the power of the celebratory explosions...  We are truly blessed to live in this Great Country of ours. 

Have a Happy and Safe 4th of July, Friends! 

No comments:

Post a Comment